Monday, January 26, 2009

Letter


Letter, originally uploaded by Schmidt-Family.

My Dad ended up in the hospital this weekend. It's turning out okay - and not that huge of a deal - we hope, but so far he is looking good. While visiting him he fell asleep and not wanting to bug him I decided to walk the hallway a little. I found this board full of thank you notes from different patients. Smack dab in the middle was this one. They had blocked out the last name but the first name and address gave it away. This was from my mom. It might be silly - but this actually got me. When I realized it was from her I looked at the date and I realized that exactly two weeks later from when she wrote this - she would pass. Man that got me. I would like to think that I'm this big tough guy - but then something like this makes me cry.

And I will be honest - the staff was incredible. I didn't deal much with them in her previous visits but for her final visit to the hospital - they were simply incredible.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think that would make anyone to cry. ;)Your mom sounded like a very caring woman. Hope everything goes ok.

Kelly Hill said...

How beautiful!

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of both your mother and father. What a difficult few months you've had! From what I gather, you were a very hands on son and enjoyed spending quality time with your parents. I hope those wonderful memories will sustain you through your loss.

Kelly