Monday, January 05, 2009

Strange Finds

I found these in a very old suitcase - within another suitcase - within another suitcase at my parents house. They are about 3 inches long. They are made out of glass and as you can see - they are sitting on an envelope to give some scale. They are apparently perfume samples.  The ends are sealed with glass. We broke the end of one of them - and you can smell the perfume - but you still can't really get it out. Not sure what these were for or how they worked.


Strange Finds, originally uploaded by Schmidt-Family.


And then finally I found this book on my mother's bookshelf. I'm rather confident it has never been read.



And then finally - this little creature - a BABY CAT! It's just creepy to me. It looks like it belongs in some scary movie.




3 comments:

Jamie said...

Let's just hope they aren't old fashioned baby "bottoms up" thermometers

Lyndee W. said...

LOL! Nice Jamie! That would be cool to find something old like that though {if it was actually perfume and not what Jamie thinks it is}.

Gwilliam House said...

I like the doll. Put it on a bookshelf in somebody's room and I bet they don't sleep too well.